The SMSL DA-8S is a Bluetooth 5.0 power amplifier that uses Infineon's new Class D chip from Germany for higher quality and increases efficiency up to 92% to reduce power consumption. It has a fully balanced design from inputs to outputs that reduces distortion from the signal transmission.
- German Infineon's new technology class D power amplifier chip, higher quality, efficiency up to 92%, further reducing power consumption;
- Using NJRC's electronic volume control chip NJW1194 from Japan, precise volume control and low distortion;
- The true fully balanced design, from input to speaker output, greatly reduces distortion caused by signal transmission;
- Built-in SMSL SDB patented sound and treble/bass adjustment for easy matching of a variety of speakers and music;
- New Bluetooth 5.0 reception, better sound quality, longer transmission distance;
- All aluminum alloy CNC precision processing shell, anodizing technology, and chamfering process, exquisite workmanship, and delicate touch;
- OLED display and user-friendly operating system are simple and easy to understand, equipped with full-featured remote control function;
- Low power standby function to meet the latest European ErP2 standard;
- A large number of professional Hi-Fi audio components are used to enhance the sound experience;
- High-quality gold-plated input and output terminals;
- Perfect protection circuit for overheating, overcurrent, etc.
- High-quality power adapter specially designed for audio.
SMSL DA-8S Amplifier Class D Infineon MA12070 NJW1194 Balanced Bluetooth 5.0 2x80W 4 Ohm
The SMSL DA-8s is a compact and affordable yet high performance balanced Class D amplifier, delivering a comfortable 2x80W power output at 4Ω with a high efficiency of over 92%. These impressive capabilities come from an Infineon MA12070 amplifier module, which provides excellent sound reproduction while limiting power consumption. The volume control is entrusted to an NJW1194 chip, allowing precise volume adjustment without adding distortion. The SDB mode of the unit offers the possibility to adjust the bass and treble levels over a range of -10dB to +10dB. On the connection side, the DA-8s is simple and efficient. The rear panel of the amplifier displays a balanced XLR input and an unbalanced RCA input, as well as speaker output terminals. A small particularity, the SMSL amplifier has Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity supporting the aptX and thus offering the possibility to play music directly from your smartphone or tablet. The entire DA-8s circuitry benefits from a careful design, incorporating quality components such as Siemens coupling capacitors or Nichicon filter capacitors.
Install 2 x AAA batteries as instructed. When using the remote control, point it toward the remote control signal receiver on the main unit from a distance of 5 m (16 ft) or less. Do not place obstructions between the main unit and the remote control. The remote control might not work if the remote control signal receiver on the unit is exposed to direct sunlight or bright light. If this occurs, try moving the unit. Beware that the use of this remote control could cause the unintentional operation of other devices that can be controlled by infra.
Note: Please pay attention to the polarity when connecting the speakers, it must follow the mark on the unit, to avoid any effect on the sound quality.
Short press: Menu Switch
Long press: Power ON/OFF or quit menu
Outside the menu: Volume control
In the menu: Switch of menu items
Specifications: Inputs: Bluetooth 5.0, XLR, RCA • THD + N: 0.008% • SNR: 90 dB • Channel Separation: 88 dB • Output Power: 80 W x 2 (4 ohms) / 40 W x 2 (8 ohms) • Power Consumption: 35 W (normal volume) • Standby Power: < 0.5 W • Size: 185 x 125 x 40 mm (l x w x h).
What’s In The Box:
- 1x SMSL DA-8S
- 1x Power supply
- 1x Remote control
- 1x Bluetooth antenna