The SMSL SH-9 is a THX AAA-888 balanced headphone amplifier featuring 2 mono amplification blocks capable of up to 3W into a 32Ω load.
- THXAAA-888 Headphone Amplifier with THX AAA Technology
- 6 Watts into 16 Ohm, 3 Watts into 32 Ohm Headphones with lowest THD+N
- 0.1 Hz to 500 kHz(-3dB) Frequency Response
- Ultra-Compact Design, Perfect for Desktop Systems
- Balanced Stereo Headphone Output
- Balanced Stereo Line Input
- High Precision Resistors for Temperature Stability
- Pop-less Design with High-Quality Relays；
- High precision and low noise 256 level relay volume control；*In actual use, in order to make the volume more linear, the extra levels are shielded.
- 2 Positions Switchable Gain Control
- Fully Protection with DC, Over-Voltage, Over-Current, Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection on Headphone Amplifier
- High-Efficiency Ultra-Low-Noise Power Supply
- 1.9 inch LCD display
SMSL SH-9 THXAAA-888 Balanced Headphone Amplifier
The SH-9 from SMSL is a headphone amplifier incorporating the great THX AAA technology (Achromatic Audio Amplifier). It benefits from the powerful correction algorithms specific to the THXAAA version 888 (Audiophile high power series) with up to 40dB of reduction against distortions (harmonic/intermodulation/crossover). This matchless technology offers incomparable listening performance in terms of sound transparency, dynamic range, maximum output power, and sound pressure (SPL). Its architecture is articulated around two mono amplification blocks offering among the highest Hi-Fi performance that a headphone amplifier can deliver with today's technologies. The SH-9 is thus able to develop up to 6W of power under 16 Ohms with a THD+N of 0.00006% (A). Its entire circuit is integrated with an amazing sense of detail for its price range. It uses anti-pop relays and has a 256-intervals analog volume control built on a resistance array.
Ultra compact & ergonomic design
If it integrates the largest THX-AAA circuits, the SMSL SH9 benefits from compact dimensions with its 187.5 x 154 x 40mm case for a weight of 790g. This small jig makes it a part of the choice for a desktop headphone amplifier to enjoy greater audio even in a compact environment. Extremely ergonomic, its front panel has a 1.9-inch LCD screen displaying the volume in real-time as well as the gain and balance settings. This panel also features a large rotary potentiometer dedicated to analog volume control as well as the two headphone outputs (balanced 4-pole XLR and unbalanced 6.35mm jack).
RCA & XLR input
In order to easily connect to your DACs and other analog sources of different degrees of complexity, the SH-9 has a single-ended line input on a stereo RCA connector as well as a balanced input on a 3-pole XLR connector. The input circuit has an impedance of 47kΩ with a gain adjustment (+ 0 / + 10dB) to match the level delivered by the source. Its connectors are located on the back panel in order to limit the bulk due to the wiring.
Specifications: Type headphone: Amplifier • Inputs: Balanced x1, Unbalanced x1 • Outputs: Balanced x1, Unbalanced x1 • Output Power: 6W x 2(16Ω), 3W x 2(32Ω), 440mW x 2 (300Ω), 220mW x 2 (600Ω) • THD+N: -123dB, 0.00006% (A-Weighted) • Input Impedance: 47kΩ • Output Impedance: Near 0Ω • Power supply voltage/frequency: AC100-240V, 50-60 Hz • Power consumption(EN60065): 24W • Power consumption in standby mode: <0.1W • Size: 187.5x154x40(mm) • Packing size: 282x232x79(mm) • Weight: 790g • Power cable: Included.