The advanced design and superior construction of Tymphany's NE149W-08 5-1/4" neodymium speaker make it a preferred component for sophisticated audio designs.
- Cast aluminum frame promotes motor cooling
- Sculpted design improves airflow and reduces reflections
- High-strength compact neodymium magnet system
- Proprietary coated natural wood fiber cone with half-roll rubber surround
- Long-throw 1-1/2" voice coil on titanium former
- Copper pole piece cap for extended HF response
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
Peerless by Tymphany NE149W-08 5-1/4" Woofer
This 5.25 inch 8 ohm member of the NE family has leading-edge transducer technology packaged in a cutting edge, stylistic design. The woofers in this family feature an innovative cast aluminium basket design which minimizes acoustic reflections inside the driver, through large basket windows and sculpted basket spokes. The basket also is designed to act as a highly coupled heat sink to the Neodymium-Iron-Boron magnet (NdFeB) motor, so as to improve power handling capacity. The cone and dust cap are constructed of natural wood fiber material with proprietary coating formulas and processes, so as to yield high clarity products. The cone designs also utilize pentacone technology for improved frequency response. The voice coil bobbin is titanium, for improved performance. The FEA-designed motor features copper caps to minimize inductance and extend performance to high frequencies. Rounding out the design is a 4-way terminal block connector, for ease of electrical connection.