With an elegant compact enclosure, this 6-1/2" down-firing subwoofer kit is a great addition to any small stereo or home theater. Using a Dayton Audio DCS165-4 woofer in a vented down-firing configuration, this kit will fit low-key into any decor or under a desk to add high quality bass response and extension to your system.
- High excursion DCS165-4 driver delivers surprising output and extension in a small package
- Adjustable-length port design allows you to tune to different frequencies to suit your needs
- Down-firing configuration inherently protects driver from curious fingers and/or feet if placed under a desk
- Customize the precision cut CNC enclosure to fit any decor
Dayton Audio 6-1/2" Down Firing Passive Mini Subwoofer Kit
If you are looking for a compact subwoofer that requires low amounts of power and space but still provides plenty of output and extension, look no further. The Dayton Audio DCS165-4 driver combined with the stylish vented enclosure provides heart thumping bass and in-room extension to below 40 Hz. With adjustable tuning capability, this kit can be dialed in to match your system’s needs. This passive subwoofer takes up less than 1 square foot of floor space but still has the capability to make the perfect match for most small bookshelf speakers.
The locally sourced CNC-cut knock down enclosure is constructed of 18 mm MDF and is designed to be easily assembled with basic woodworking tools. The integrated legs elevate the enclosure to provide ample clearance and breathing room for the driver even in thick carpet. The sleek design includes round overs on each vertical corner making it easy to finish the enclosure to fit into any décor.
This kit includes parts to build a single passive subwoofer.
Specifications: Power handling: 100 watts RMS/200 watts max • Frequency response: 35-1,000 Hz (with no filter) • Impedance: 4 ohms • Sensitivity: 87.4 dB 1W/1m.
Note: Here is a list of what you need to build this subwoofer-cabinet bundle that's not included and where to find it on our webshop:
Passive: When building passive, the kit requires a low passfiltered signal.
- Plate amps: Monacor SAM-200
- Scribing for cutout: No
- Braces have to be cut out too
Needed for both:
- Mounting holes (# and size in mm): 8 x 5,3 * 6,8 mm Ø
- Panel thickness: 18 mm
- Panel material: Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)
- External dimensions: 317 x 228 x 304 mm