Build one of the most powerful subwoofers you'll ever experience using this precision-cut, CNC-machined subwoofer cabinet and the Dayton Audio UM15-22 15" subwoofer.
- 85-liter cabinet made of 18 mm MDF panels with a 36 mm thick front baffle
- CNC-machined dadoes, subwoofer cutout and recess, and a unique bracing system that increases cabinet rigidity
Dayton Audio 15" Ultimax Subwoofer and Cabinet Bundle
The Ultimax Series of dual voice coil subwoofers, from Dayton Audio, are not for the faint of heart. Built using the latest in subwoofer technology, Ultimax subwoofers are the pinnacle of low-frequency driver design. A Ultimax subwoofer tests the strength of your foundation with fast, articulate, gut-wrenching bass.
This particular cabinet is designed specifically for the Dayton Audio 15" Ultimax subwoofer but works for any subwoofer with an overall diameter of 390 mm or less, and a cutout requirement of 355 mm or less. For optimum performance with the Ultimax 15" subwoofer, add three pounds of Acousta-Stuf polyfill for a Qtc of 0.707 and an f3 of 35 Hz.
During the CNC manufacturing process, rabbets dadoes are cut into the back panel for precise panel alignment. A unique three-piece brace adds superior rigidity without affecting the subwoofer's performance. Both side panels feature 3/4" rabbeted extensions with recesses to perfectly install the first piece of the two-part, double-thick baffle. Plate amplifier installation is made easy by following the scribed interior guide with a jigsaw and by modifying one of the braces.
Note: Here is a list of what you need to build this subwoofer-cabinet bundle that's not included and where to find it on our webshop:
Passive: When building passive, the kit requires a low passfiltered signal.
Needed for both:
- Mounting holes (# and size in mm): 8 x 6,0 mm Ø
- Panel thickness: 18 mm
- Front baffle thickness: 36 mm
- Panel material: Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)
- Finished net cabinet volume (subtracting the double-thick baffle, bracing, and woofer volume): 85 Litres
- External dimensions: 488 x 488 x 508 mm