The Dayton Audio SPA1000 subwoofer amplifier provides nearly a kilowatt of clean, reliable audio power—just what you need to get big sound out of large, low-efficiency subwoofer speaker systems.
- High power Class-AB output stage for clean, controlled output
- Patented tracking downconverter power supply for high efficiency
- Toroidal power supply transformer
- Low frequency parametric EQ allows you to boost or cut for custom-tailored sound
- Advanced soft clip circuitry improves headroom and protects woofers
- OTC™ (Optimized Thermal Circuit) protects your plate amplifier from potential heat damage
- Hercules heat sinks dissipate and control heat for extreme reliability
Dayton Audio SPA1000 1000W Subwoofer Plate Amplifier
The Dayton Audio SPA1000 is one of the most technologically advanced subwoofer amplifiers on the market today! The Dayton Audio SPA1000 subwoofer amplifier is based on a state-of-the-art Class-G circuit topology that combines the proven high power, high fidelity characteristics of a Class-AB amplifier with a patented tracking down converter power supply to achieve an operating efficiency up to 86%. You get the efficiency of a Class-D amplifier without compromising audio quality and reliability. The Class-AB output stage provides the clean and low-distortion sound that audiophiles demand, without any of the instability problems that plague other high-efficiency amplifier designs.
This American-designed and engineered amplifier uses patented circuitry that continuously tracks the input signal to modulate or control the voltage available to the output stage. This "tracking" capability delivers the exact amount of power based on demand instead of constantly keeping it in reserve, so the output stage only draws the amount of power that is required at any given time. Less energy is wasted as heat, and more power is available for the subwoofer driver. With its enhanced thermal management, the SPA1000 is an upgrade over previous models—making it a nearly bulletproof amplifier choice for today's demanding HT audio and music playback applications.