- Vented cast aluminum chassis for optimum strength and low compression
- Proprietary cone material with natural fibers made in-house
- Soft low damping rubber surround for improved transient response
- Non-conducting fiberglass voice coil former for minimum damping
- Extended copper sleeve on pole piece for low inductance and low distortion
- CCAW voice coil for reduced moving mass
- Long life silver lead wires
- Vented pole piece for reduced compression
SB Acoustics SB15NRXC30-8 5" Midrange Woofer
Papyrus cone with an optional thin polyurethane protection coating. Low damping SBR rubber surround with high exertion and resilience. Open structure cast frame for reduced reflections and compression. Aluminum alloy for light weight, non-magnetic and extra rigidity. Shorting Copper cap on pole piece. Non-inductive CCAW fiber glass 30mm coil former. Silver lead wires. Vented pole piece.
The goal of SB Acoustics with their NRX series of performance drivers has been to design a simple, yet optimized speaker driver at a competitive price to achieve a high performance to cost ratio for their customers who appreciate premium quality audio. To that end, close attention has been payed to design engineering with manufacturing materials and processes to optimize performance.