Circular USB microphone array, DSP processing for Beamforming, AEC, Noise reduction, 2ch and 8ch mode, Live GUI control of advanced parameters.
- Multichannel USB microphone array for voice command
- On-board DSP for beamforming/ noise reduction / echo cancellation / de-reverb / Direction of Arrival (DOA) / Voice Activity Detection (VAD)
- Ring with 11 LED RGB
- High quality MEMS from Knowles SPH1668LM4H
- Simple USB control API for Direction of Arrival
- Flexible Firmware (DSP mode @2ch beamformed, RAW mode @8ch audio from MEMS)
- Step by step app notes for Alexa-Pi, Cortana, Siri and IBM Watson. More coming up soon...
miniDSP UMA-8 Multichannel USB Microphone
Note: This product comes with a coupon (€9,50) for one free miniDSP plugin download.
The UMA-8 is a high-performance yet low cost multichannel USB microphone array built around XMOS multicore technology. Seven high-performance MEMS microphones are configured in a circular arrangement to provide high-quality voice capture for a wide range of applications.
Leveraging the on-board DSP processing, the UMA-8 supports voice algorithms including beamforming, noise reduction, acoustic echo cancellation and de-reverb. Non-technical users can enjoy a plug&play experience, while advanced users can fine-tune all DSP parameters with a real-time Win/Mac GUI for optimum performance. The UMA-8 is a fully compliant UAC2 audio interface with driverless support for Mac/Linux and ASIO drivers for Windows.
From DIYers to OEM, this pocket-size platform is engineered for flexibility in firmware, software and hardware. Precompiled firmware versions, expansion connectors providing connectivity for additional PDM microphones, I2S in/out expansion and GPIO... It’s all there to grow with your application!
What's in the box?
- 1 x UMA-8 USB microphone array interface
- 1 x 1.5m USB type B cable
- 1 x Coupon code for drivers/firmware/GUI.
USB streaming engine
XMOS XSVM 2000 - Multicore USB audio processor with embedded DSP
USB audio capabilities
USB audio recording in 2 possible modes depending on firmware:
- 8-channel mode (7 x MEMS installed + 1 x spare PDM port in the center)
- Stereo recording with DSP processing enabled
USB audio playback: Stereo I2S channel for I2S out (e.g. external amplifier/DAC board.)
DSP processing (prebuilt firmware)
· Beamforming with configurable beam width (up to 20dB attenuation)
· Perceptual acoustic echo cancellation (up to 80dB attenuation)
· Noise suppression (up to 20dB attenuation)
· De-reverb ( up to 20dB attenuation)
· Manual mode for control of beam forming
Driverless interface for Mac OS X v10.6.4 and up
Thesycon Windows ASIO driver (All versions)
Linux Alsa 2.0 compliant
Control via HID interface for advanced settings and active microphone
Resolution / Sample rate
24bit @ 11/16/32/44.1/48 kHz
Output port for PDM to I2S conversion (upcoming firmware update required)
7 x Knowles SPH1668LM4H with low noise buffer and high performance modulator
· Low distortion: 1.6% @ 120 dB SPL
· High SNR: 65 dB and flat frequency response
· RF shielded against mobile interference
· Ominidirectional pick-up pattern
12 x RGB LED / Bottom mounted - Circular light guide included
2 x 12-pin, 2 mm pitch expansion connector for connectivity to hardware.
XMOS JTAG connector for custom code.
Dimensions (diameter) mm
90 mm diameter / 20mm height with LED ring, 14mm height without LED ring