Capable of delivering extremely wide bandwidth with low distortion, the GRS PT6825-8 open back planar driver is designed to deliver natural midrange response while remaining accurate to the highest frequencies. With an extremely lightweight diaphragm and a neodymium motor system, this driver is capable of excellent transient response with amazing dynamics. The open back construction produces true dipole radiation which is ideal for use in open baffle designs.
- Extremely low mass diaphragm provides excellent transient response and accuracy
- Large diaphragm produces high efficiency with incredible dynamics
- Remarkably wide bandwidth for controlled transition to woofer and tweeter drivers
- Open back delivers true dipole radiation for use in open baffle designs
- Linear impedance simplifies crossover design
- Shallow mounting depth for use in low profile designs
GRS PT6825-8 8" Planar Mid/Tweeter 8 Ohm
With the ability to provide low distortion output from 500-20,000 Hz, the GRS PT6828-8 open back midrange/tweeter is an excellent choice for use in 2-way designs or even as a drop in replacement in many existing systems. Thanks to a lightweight damped polyimide diaphragm driven by 30 powerful neodymium magnets in a push-pull arrangement, this driver is capable of incredible transient response and detail. With a nearly linear 6.4 ohm impedance keeps crossover design simple with predictable final results. In addition, the open back design gives this midrange/tweeter true dipole radiation making it the perfect choice for use in high end open baffle speaker designs.