The dual-purpose Dayton Audio KPX allows you to unlock the full potential of your DSPB/KABD amplifier or preamp boards by connecting them to the easy to use, Analog Devices SigmaStudio visual programming tool. KPX also enables you to use KABX software to preset equalization settings and more for the KAB-250v4, KAB-230v4, and KAB-100Mv2.
- Programs with readily available SigmaStudio or KABX computer software
- Connects to your computer using a standard USB-C cable (sold separately)
- 50 x 50 mm size fits into small enclosure projects for permanent installations or easy connection to your KABD/DSPB amplifier or preamp boards
- Includes a 6-pin, 8" jumper cable that plugs directly into Dayton Audio DSPB and KABD amplifier and preamp boards
- Includes a 4-pin, 8" jumper cable that plugs directly into Dayton Audio KAB-250v4, KAB-230v4, and KAB-100Mv2 amplifier boards
- Built-in switch toggles between the two software programs/ports
Dayton Audio KPX In-Circuit Programmer USB
Professionally Customize Your Audio Settings
The Dayton Audio KPX Programmer is a multipurpose DSP programmer for the KAB series, KABD series, and future DSP amplifier boards from Dayton Audio. The programmer has two main programming modes: USBi mode is used for connecting KABD series amplifier boards to the Analog Devices SigmaStudio development tool, and the KABX mode is used for connecting compatible KAB amplifiers to the Dayton Audio KABX DSP tool.
What Products are Compatible with the KPX Programmer?
- KABD Series: This series of amplifiers all house a Bluetooth 5.0 Module, a ADAU1701 DSP module and efficient class D amplification
- Generation 4 KAB Series: The newest generation of KAB amplifiers supporting Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX HD and can connect to the KABX DSP software
- DSPB Series: The DSPB series was the original line of amplifiers and DSP modules from Dayton Audio with class D amplification and integrated ADAU1701 DSP
Programming Dayton Audio Amplifier Boards with the KPX Programmer
The KPX Programmer is simple to use, however, usage will depend on the amplifier board you are connecting to the KPX programmer. If you are unsure if your amplifier is KABX software compatible or SigmaStudio software compatible, see the chart directly above and find the model of your amplifier. KABX compatible amplifier boards will have a 4-pin programming connector, whereas SigmaStudio compatible boards will have a 6-pin programming connector. The 4-pin connector uses UART to program the ARM based DSP in compatible KAB amplifiers, whereas the 6-pin connector uses IIC or SPI to program the dedicated SigmaDSP processor found in the KABD or DSPB series of amplifiers.
- KPX Programmer with included 4-pin and / or 6-pin cable
- KABX or SigmaStudio compatible Dayton Audio Amplifier Board (see chart above)
- A USB Type C cable (sold separately)
- USB Type C is required for the end that connects to the KPX Programmer, but the other end can be either USB A or USB C depending on your Windows computer
- Windows desktop or laptop running either SigmaStudio or the Dayton Audio KABX Software
SigmaStudio Integration on KABD Amplifier Boards
Although your KABD amplifier houses its own ADAU1701 DSP chip, to communicate with your PC, a USBi programmer is required. The Dayton Audio KPX programmer can be thought of as the bridge between your PC and your DSP chip so that they can communicate.
The Dayton Audio KPX does all the great things with SigmaStudio just like the DSPB-ICP1. It enables you to set precise EQ, crossovers, do time alignment, bass enhancement and so much more to truly fine-tune your project. Hook it to any DSPB or KABD board using the included 6-pin cable and set the SW4 switch to IIC and the SW1 switch to USBi. Use a USB-C cable to hook to the USB-C port on the KPX and to any Windows PC to program your KABD/DSPB amplifier or preamp board.
KABX Integration on KAB Amplifier Boards
While your KAB amplifier sounds great out of the box, the KABX DSP Control software is compatible with new generation KAB amplifier boards (KAB-250v4, KAB-230v4, KAB-100Mv2) when combined with a KPX programmer and the free KPBX offers extensive DSP customization with no experience required. The software provides simple control of 10 band of PEQ, High Pass Filters, Low Pass Filters, Compressor / Limiters, Bass Effects and more. KPX Programmer connection is only needed temporarily, DSP presets can be saved to the KAB amplifier itself and the programmer can be removed. This also means that one programmer can program as many amplifiers as needed.