All Digital 8xIN, 8xOUT Dirac Live® correction DSP with AES-EBU or SPDIF in/out, Tascam DB25 to XLR AES-EBU pigtail or DB25 to SPDIF/COAX pigtail, perfect fit for Studio, Broadcasting, Hifi, Live Sound and Digital Cinema (DCi) applications.
- Processor: 32-bit floating-point Analog Devices SHARC DSP
- Input/Ouput resolution: 24 bits
- Matched sample rate clocked to first input channel (e.g. 192kHz in, 192kHz out)
- Inputs: 4 x Stereo AES-EBU/SPDIF inputs (8 channels)
- Ouputs: 4 x Stereo AES-EBU/SPDIF outputs (8 channels)
- dB25 for easy interfacing to DCI processors
- Optional DDRC-88BMplugin for Bass Management + Dirac Live + Active Speaker processing (Crossover/PEQ/Delay)
- Coupon for one free Plug-in download
MiniDSP DDRC-88D Digital Multi-Channel I/O Dirac Live processor
Note: This product comes with a coupon (€9,50) for one free miniDSP plugin download.
The DDRC-88D is the digital I/O version of the well-known DDRC-88A analog I/O Dirac Live processor. Housed in a compact lightweight chassis, the DDRC-88D provides a full 8 channels of Dirac Live room correction via professional AES/EBU digital inputs and outputs. This unit is also available in SPDIF in/out via COAX cable.
With 8 channels of Dirac Live processing, the DDRC-88D is ideally suited for professional surround-sound studio, broadcasting and Digital Cinema (DCI) applications. Dirac Live’s renowned room correction capabilities ensure the most accurate and immersive surround experience for mastering and playback. An inexpensive optional software upgrade adds additional processing functions including bass management and active speaker implementation.
The DDRC-88D is configured via USB and a user-friendly software suite that runs on Mac or Windows. Four full preset configurations are stored onboard and can be recalled easily from the front panel or with a remote control. An optional half mount rack adaptor allows easy rack mount installation.
What's in the box?
- Dirac Series Audio Processor — DDRC-88D
- Universal 5VDC power supply with IEC power cable
- DB25 to XLR pigtail with 4 x AES-EBU XLR male (outputs), 4 x AES-EBU XLR female (inputs) OR DB25 to COAX pigtail (4 x SPDIF in, 4 x SPDIF out)
- USB cables for Dirac Series audio processor and UMIK-1
- Microphone tripod stand
- Coupon code for miniDSP plugin download
NOTE: The Dirac Live Calibration Tools for miniDSP software is only compatible with the UMIK-1 microphone for measurement.
- DDRC-88BM plugin for Bass Management
- IR Remote
- 1/2 rack mount adaptor to mount the unit in a standard rack
Exploring the power of the DDRC-88D/BM
In this app note we will show you how to perform bass management with the miniDSP DDRC-88BM plugin and optimize it for your system.
Check out this complete step by step application note on how to use the DDRC-88BM to build an active speaker setup fully corrected by Dirac Live.
In this app note, we describe how the very powerful "Multi-SUB" optimizer to tune multisub on a 5.3 setup. A great app note showing the combined power of Dirac live, MultiSUB optimizer on miniDSP platforms.