The engineers at Dayton Audio put full effort into designing these fantastic bookshelf speakers! These speakers produce defined bass, life-like imaging, and high detail with no fatiguing peaks for long term listening.
- 6" Glass fiber woofer extends the low-frequency range for impressive bass without distorting the critical vocal range above 2kHz
- 1" Silk dome tweeter delivers accurate vocal and instrumental reproduction without the shrill peaks often found in metal tweeters
- Wide dispersion means these speakers can be used in many locations without compromising your main listening position
- Short signal path maintains the input signal quality, staying true to tone
- 4 ohms impedance is compatible with most amplifiers
- Faceted styling fits in any décor
Dayton Audio MK602X 6" 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair
The MK602X features a versatile black finish with a superior sound. The faceted baffle of the MK602X adds a geometric quality to the speaker and is designed to compensate for excessive treble, meaning your movies and music are true to tone, not tin. Designed for long-term listening sessions, the silk dome tweeter in the MK602X was selected for its low distortion and uniform dispersion characteristics. Because of their well-behaved off-axis response and excellent dispersion, the MK602X are less critical to position than most loudspeakers. Simply placing them where they best fit into the decorating scheme is all that is necessary for exceptional performance.
"Do I need a sub?"
Probably not, and here's why; the high excursion of this woofer extends low frequencies and lowers distortion at higher output. Long story short, the MK602X can get loud, and is tonally balanced at all volumes for your favorite films.
Get great sound out of the box with minimal work from the built-in crossover which provides a non-fatiguing and enjoyable listening experience; these speakers just seem to 'disappear'.
Specifications: Design: 2-way vented bookshelf • Woofer: 6" high excursion driver with a glass fiber cone • Tweeter: 1" soft dome • Finish: Black vinyl • Power handling: 60 watts • RMS/120 watts max • Impedance: 4 ohms • Frequency response: 45 to 20,000 Hz • Sensitivity: 87 dB 1W/1m • Crossover: 3.3 kHz, 3rd order high-pass, 2nd order low-pass (asymmetrical slopes) • Terminals: 5-way gold plated binding posts • Port tuning: 45 Hz • Dimensions: 324mm H x 200mm W x 223mm D (depth includes removable grill).