The Dayton Audio PS65LP-4 6-1/2" high efficiency full-range driver could be the ultimate upgrade for your factory stereo system. Designed to be a simple drop in replacement for your stock speakers, this driver's amazing efficiency can increase the output by up to 10 dB without adding any additional amplification. Also, this is an excellent driver for use in any high efficiency full range speaker designs.
- Ultra-efficient, high SPL (99 dB @ 2.83V/1m*) high-performance driver
- Low-profile 2-3/8" mounting depth suitable for car doors or any shallow designs
- Smooth high frequency roll-off even at 75° off-axis
- Unique patent-pending bi-conical cone geometry provides high frequency extension and dispersion, as well as cone rigidity
- Highly damped polypropylene cone controls cone break-up and provides a smooth roll-off
- Copper cap to keep inductance under control and to extend high frequency response
- Powerful 1.4 Tesla neodymium motor makes this one of the highest 2.83V SPL of any 6-1/2" car audio speaker on the market!
Dayton Audio PS65LP-4 6-1/2" Ultra Efficient Low Profile Full-Range Driver 4 Ohm
Other than adding an amplified subwoofer you simply can’t make a better more cost effective improvement to your factory car stereo than swapping out those mediocre factory speakers for the Dayton Audio PS65LP-4 ultra-efficient 6-1/2" drivers.
Today even the most basic factory audio systems have various other electronic components and systems integrated into the head unit, as a result less consumers are willing to replace the head unit. Not only could you lose some features but in some cases may end up with electrical problems.
Although the Dayton Audio PS65LP-4 (with 2-3/8" mounting depth, full-range capability, excellent off-axis response and exceptional efficiency) was purposely built for car audio, its parameters and design features serve it well for numerous other applications. Such as, but certainly not limited to: a full-range in-wall/on-wall/ceiling speaker system, a devoted midrange in a ultra-efficient three-way system, or as a great candidate for a folded horn or transmission line design for the class “A" amplifier guys.
*Per parameter T/S measurement using Dayton Audio DATS system