With our Solstice 2-way speaker kit, you don't have to be a seasoned speaker builder to create your own reference quality speaker. This kit includes almost everything you will need to assemble a single audiophile quality tower speaker, including: a knock-down cabinet, drivers, crossover components, and Acousta Stuf box fill.
- Mass Loaded Transmission Line enclosure extends low frequency response to 30 Hz
- Designed and fine-tuned by expert designer Jeff Bagby
- A true no compromise design with 2 Morel TiCW 638Nd woofers and Morel Cat 308 tweeter
- CNC cut cabinet panels make the enclosure easy to assemble with minimal tools
- Drivers are time and phase aligned which allows for an exceptionally flat frequency response
- MDF enclosure with extensive bracing and double thick front baffle to reduce cabinet resonances
- This kit includes parts to build one speaker
Solstice MLTL Reference Tower Speaker Kit
The Solstice kit is a no compromise speaker using all Morel drivers in a MMT tower configuration. The TiCW 638Nd woofers, from Morel's Titanium series, feature some of the most advanced designs on the market with a 3" Hexatech™ voice coil on a titanium former, Hybrid™ neodymium/ferrite motor, and Uniflow™ aluminum frame. A CAT 308 tweeter, an updated version of Morel's classic MDT‑30, handles the top octaves delivering an extremely dynamic and natural sound.
The solid MDF enclosure panels are all CNC milled to tight tolerances ensuring easy assembly. The finished cabinet has extensive bracing, double thick front baffle, and a rear firing slot port creating a very solid enclosure tuned to extend low frequency response down to 30 Hz. Measuring at 38" tall the enclosure places the tweeter near optimum listening height, making this a small floor standing speaker with no need for speaker stands.
Jeff Bagby on the drivers: "These drivers are exceptional sounding, as well as possessing excellent design and build quality. The tweeter is so smooth that it is very simple to cross over, and I really like the motor design and cone on these woofers. The vocal reproduction is truly high-end…These are making me rethink what I should use as a reference system.
This is honestly one of the best two-way designs I have ever done. I can find very little to fault. Not only is the response exceptionally flat, but it sounds very balanced, with fantastic resolution and detail. Vocals are beautiful, as are instruments. Bass is full, extended, and very impressive. Nothing stands out, it is just sound honest and accurate… It is really a high-end speaker worthy to be compared with systems that cost several thousand dollars."
Binding posts, speaker wire and screws are now included in the Solstice Speaker Kit.
This kit includes parts to build one speaker.
- Tweeter: Morel CAT 308 soft dome tweeter
- Woofers: Two x Morel TiCW 638Nd Titanium Series Hybrid Cu 6" woofer 8 ohm
- Power handling: 200 watts RMS/350 watts max
- Frequency response: 30 - 20,000 (-3 dB)
- Sensitivity: 87 dB 2.83V/1m
- Dimensions: 96,5cm H x 22,2cm W x 27,9cm D