Utilizing the same drivers as the popular Dayton Audio MK Series, the MKBoom Bluetooth Speaker Kit is an incredibly versatile, great sounding DIY speaker. The kit includes the drivers, the KAB amplifier board with the necessary accessories, port tubes, crossover boards, and the knock-down cabinet.
- Four driver design provides the same critically acclaimed audio quality as the Dayton MK series of speakers
- Battery powered Bluetooth amp with aptX makes this speaker great for home and portable applications.
- Wide speaker dispersion range provides excellent sound coverage without compromising audio fidelity
- Onboard panel controls allow you to easily connect to Bluetooth, power, and an Aux input
- Easy to assemble with step-by-step instructions makes assembly simple
- Includes everything needed to build the kit: cabinet, drivers, crossovers, amp, battery board, batteries, and 15 VDC, 4A power supply
Dayton Audio MKBoom Portable Bluetooth Speaker Kit
Portability and functionality meet hi-fi audio in the Dayton Audio MKBoom Bluetooth Speaker Kit. With the same great sound as the Dayton Audio MK series, the kit adds a level of versatility. Powered by a 2 x 50 watt amp, the kit delivers surprising power while remaining efficient enough to run on battery power. Easy to assemble, the MKBoom is a great introduction into speaker building.
The use of the efficient, yet powerful Dayton Audio KAB-250v3 makes the MKBoom extremely portable without sacrificing features and functionality. With an efficient 2 x 50 watts of power, the amplifier delivers high-quality audio without a large power draw. Since power consumption is low, the amp board can be powered by 18650 Li-Ion batteries using the KAB-BE battery extension board. Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX provides modern streaming convenience to the kit.
Not only portable but also extremely ergonomic, the MKBoom features Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity as well as a 3.5 mm Aux input. The KAB-PMV3 panel mount gives the kit a professional finish with easy access to all of the MKBoom's functionality controls such as volume, power, Aux input, and Bluetooth pairing. The Dayton Audio KAB-PMV3 panel mount adds a professional finish to the kit. Silkscreen labels clearly identify each function of the panel. Predrilled holes and solderless connections to the amp make the panel mount simple to install. All functions of the amp are accessible from the panel mount; including volume, Bluetooth pairing, power, Aux input, and status LEDs. The incorporation of the KAB-BE battery extension board makes the MKBoom battery powered. Holding three 18650 batteries, the charging board delivers over 8 hours of listening time. The kit also includes three 18650 Li-Ion batteries for immediate operation.
With high excursion capabilities and low Fs, Dayton Audio's TCP115-4 can produce a surprising amount of bass. In addition to its low-frequency performance, this driver also performs very well through the midrange. The Dayton Audio TD20F-4 uses a 3/4" silk dome to produce a smooth sound with excellent dispersion.
Easy to follow step-by-step instructions walk you through the painless assembly process. In a matter of hours, you can assemble the kit which makes the MKBoom a great introduction into the speaker building world. The kit includes all the components needed to build an amazing sounding, portable speaker. Some standard tools are required to assemble the enclosure.
- Power: 2 x 50 watts
- Tweeter: 2 x Dayton Audio TD20F-4
- Woofer: 2 x Dayton Audio TCP115-4
- Frequency response: 50 - 20,000 Hz
- Battery life: 8 - 10 hours at moderate volume
- Recommended power supply: 15 VDC 4A, 2.1 x 5.5 mm center positive (included)
- Bluetooth version: Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX
- Dimensions: 17.75" W x 5.5" H x 7.5" D