The AS190-9-252 is an 8 inch bass driver with aluminum honeycomb sandwich dome, being the first in an entirely new approach to accuton speaker design. An ideal acoustical center has been achieved, which is identical with our CELL tweeters and midranges.
- power handling (continuous/programme) = 250 W
- frequency range = 30-1000 Hz
- resonance frequency fs = 33,4 Hz
- impedance R = 12 Ohm
- sound pressure level SPL = 84 dB (2,83V; 1m)
- DC resistance Re = 8,6 Ohm
- force factor BL = 13,5 N/A
- voice coil inductance L = 1,05 mH
- effective piston radiating area Sd = 202 cm2
- effective mechanical mass incl. air load mms = 49,4 g
- equivalent volume of compliance Vas = 26,7 l
- total Q factor Qts = 0,44 (Qms=4,75, Qes=0,49)
- voice coil diameter = 78 mm
- maximum peak linear excursion vibration xlin = +/- 9 mm
- mounting diameter d = 170 mm
- overall diameter d = 190 mm
- mounting depth (not countersunk) t = 137 mm
- mass m = 7 kg
Accuton AS190-4-251 8'' Cell Mid-range
Its novel designed overhung motor combines the advantages of traditional over- and underhung designs, delivering high linear excursion and ultra low distortion. An exceptionally hard aluminum sandwich dome was developed for the CELL bass drivers that allows for negligible delay and energy storage. The hidden surround serves for reduced outer diameter and linear excursion of +/- 16mm. A new developed spider shape makes huge excursion without compression possible.
The speaker has a diameter of 190 mm and is designed for use in high-end audio systems. The new design of the speaker allows for a more accurate sound reproduction with minimal distortion. The speaker has a rear-ventilated voice coil and is recommended for use in applications from 30 Hz - 1000 Hz. The overall diameter of the speaker is 190 mm, while the hole cutout is 170 mm. The minimum front panel thickness should be 16 mm, while the overall height of 137 mm. The magnet height is 52 mm.