- Soft low damping rubber surround for improved transient response
- Shorting ring in motor system for reduced distortion
- Vented pole piece for reduced compression
- Vented cast aluminum chassis for optimum strength and low compression
- Shallow design
- Non-conducting fiberglass voice coil former for minimum damping
- CCAW voice coil for reduced moving mass
- Long-life silver lead wires
SB Acoustics SB23NRXS45-8 8" Woofer
The SB23NRXS45-8 woofer has a proprietary composition paper cone made in-house and a rigid cast frame with ventilated spider and large vented pole piece. A low damping rubber surround assures decent midrange reproduction. A shorting ring is used in the motor to reduce intermodulation distortion and improve inductance symmetry.
This 8 ohm woofer features a Norex paper cone with special coating (Egyptian papyrus and long fibers), rigid cast frame design for minimal reflections, rubber surround, shorting ring to reduce distortion, and shallow 3-1/8" depth.