The SB Acoustics SB17NRX2C35-8 is a 6.5" woofer with a nominal impedance of 8 ohms. It has a frequency response of 35-4000 Hz, a sensitivity of 87 dB, and a rated power handling of 50 watts. The woofer is made with a proprietary cone material with natural fibers, a soft low damping rubber surround, and a non-conducting fiberglass voice coil former. It has a vented cast aluminum chassis and a long life silver lead wires.
- Vented cast aluminum chassis for optimum strength and low compression
- Proprietary cone material with natural fibers made in-house
- Soft low damping rubber surround for transient response
- Non-conducting fiber glass voice coil former for minimum damping
- Extended copper sleeve on pole piece for low inductance and low distortion
- Vented coil former
- CCAW voice coil for reduced moving mass
- Long life silver lead wires
- Vented pole piece for reduced compression
SB Acoustics SB17NRX2C35-8 Norex Bass-midwoofer
The SB Acoustics SB17NRX2C35-8 Bass-midwoofer is a 6.5" midrange woofer that features a vented cast aluminum chassis for optimum strength and low compression. The proprietary cone material with natural fibers made in-house is used to produce a very accurate sound. The newly developed Norecx non-resonant poly-coated papyrus fiber cone is used to reduce resonance and improve sound quality. The low damping SBR rubber surround has high exertion and resilience, while the open structure cast frame is used for reduced reflections and compression. The aluminum alloy is used for light weight, non-magnetic and extra rigidity. Finally, the shorting copper cap on pole piece is used to reduce voice coil inductance.
The SB17NRX2C35-8 is a versatile woofer that can be used in a variety of applications, including home audio, car audio, and professional audio. It is known for its accurate sound reproduction, its smooth frequency response, and its ability to handle high power levels.