The SB12NRXF25-8 is a 4-inch full-range driver from SB Acoustics. It features a proprietary cone material made from natural fibers, a foam surround, a vented cast aluminum chassis, and a CCAW voice coil. The driver has a nominal impedance of 8 ohms and a sensitivity of 87 dB. It is rated for a maximum power handling of 30 watts.
- Proprietary cone material with natural fibres made in-house
- Foam surround for maximum transparency and midrange resolution
- Vented pole piece for reduced compression
- Vented cast aluminium chassis for optimum strength and low compression
- CCAW voice coil for reduced moving mass
- Long life silver lead wires
- Non-conducting fibre glass coil former for minimum damping
- Shorting ring in motor system for reduced distortion
SB Acoustics SB12NRXF25-8 Norex Bass-midwoofer 8 ohm
The SB12NRXF25-8 is a well-rounded 4-inch, 8 ohm, full-range driver that is capable of delivering clear, accurate sound in a variety of applications. It is a good choice for bookshelf speakers, satellite speakers, and subwoofers. The proprietary cone material is made from a blend of natural fibers that is said to provide a more natural and balanced sound than traditional paper cones.
The foam surround is designed to provide a smooth and accurate response in the midrange frequencies. The vented cast aluminum chassis helps to dissipate heat and reduce distortion. The CCAW voice coil is lightweight and provides good power handling. The long life silver lead wires are resistant to corrosion and oxidation. The non-conducting fiberglass coil former helps to reduce noise and distortion. The shorting ring in the motor system helps to reduce distortion at high frequencies.