The AMTs feature a dynamic sound, an excellent transient response, a high efficiency and a low harmonic distortion.
- Tweeter based on the principle of Air Motion Transformer
- High-performance neodymium magnet system
- Fine, dynamic and brilliant reproduction of the high frequencies
- Folded cone made of Kapton and aluminium
- High power capability and high efficiency
- For use from 3,000 Hz on
- Robust aluminium front panel
Monacor AIRMT-130 Air Motion Transformer Tweeter
Air Motion Transformers are a special type of tweeter systems which have been developed by the German physicist Oskar Heil during his research on the characteristics of the human ear. The main feature is a film-covered cone with a special folding which vibrates like an accordion when an audio signal is applied. This folding allows to accommodate a large cone area at a minimum of space. The AMTs feature a dynamic sound, an excellent transient response, a high efficiency and a low harmonic distortion.