Capable of delivering wide bandwidth with low distortion, the GRS PT6816-8 open back planar driver has the ability to perform well from upper midrange to the highest frequencies. With an extremely lightweight diaphragm and a neodymium motor system, this driver is capable of excellent transient response with amazing dynamics. The open back construction produces true dipole radiation which is ideal for use in open baffle designs. With a narrow footprint and minimal flange, the PT6816-8 is also ideal for line array use.
- Extremely low mass diaphragm provides excellent transient response and accuracy
- Narrow design to deliver excellent off axis consistency
- Multiple neodymium magnets in push pull arrangement for incredible control and low distortion
- Open back delivers true dipole radiation making this driver ideal for open baffle line array designs
- Linear impedance simplifies crossover design
- Shallow mounting depth for use in low profile designs
GRS PT6816-8 8" Planar Slim Tweeter 8 Ohm
The GRS PT6816-8 open back planar midrange/tweeter is designed to deliver low distortion with dynamic response. Thanks to a lightweight damped polyimide diaphragm that is driven by 18 powerful neodymium magnets in a push-pull arrangement, this driver is capable of incredible transient response and wide bandwidth. The almost linear 6.4 ohm impedance makes crossover design simple and minimizes the number of components required to achieve your required roll off. In addition, the open back design gives this tweeter true dipole radiation making it the perfect choice for use in open baffle speaker designs. With wide dispersion capabilities and minimal mounting flange, the PT6816-8 is an excellent choice for use in high output line arrays.