The flagship woofer 15SSW-4HE 15” high excursion super-subwoofer from GRS, is designed to produce excellent low-frequency extension in a variety of designs. Suitable for sealed and vented enclosures, this driver is the ideal replacement or upgrade for your existing subwoofers with worn-out or blown drivers. Featuring extensive venting, dual spider design, a rubber surround capable of high-excursion, high-temperature voice coil, low Fs, and 12.3 mm of excursion the 15SSW-4HE is built for remarkable bass response on a budget.
- High excursion and low Fs to produce powerful low frequency output
- Dual spider suspension for high excursion
- 2.5” voice coil on a thick aluminum former to handle up to 300 watts RMS
- Venting under the spider, through the pole piece, and in the magnetic gap for excellent heat dissipation
- Over 12mm of linear one-way X-MAX
- Extended frame and bumped back plate allow ample clearance for high excursion
- Durable reinforced paper cone with rubber surround produces reliable and consistent performance
GRS 15SSW-4HE 15" High Excursion Super Subwoofer 4 Ohm
The GRS 15SSW-4HE 15” high excursion subwoofer from GRS is an ideal replacement driver for existing subwoofer systems or an excellent choice for new economical designs. Capable of producing powerful bass response in both sealed and vented designs, the 15SSW-4HE is suitable as a drop-in replacement for most existing 15” subwoofers.
- Nominal Diameter: 15"
- Power Handling (RMS): 300W
- Power Handling (MAX): 600W
- Impedance: 4 Ω
- Frequency Response: 20-300Hz
- Sensitivity: 90 dB 2.83V/1m
- Voice Coil Diameter: 2.5"
- Maximum Linear Excursion: 12.3mm
Frequency Response & Impedance Curve
the GRS 15SW-4HE has a bass-centric response from 26Hz up to 500Hz and is highly efficient within its passband. This efficiency and a low QTS lends itself well to both vented and sealed subwoofers for incredibly deep bass from a 15-inch driver.
Extensive venting through the frame, pole piece, and magnetic gap dissipates excess heat to keep power compression to a minimum, even when driven hard for long periods. The rigid paper cone is supported by a large diameter spider and rubber surround to keep excursion linear while providing reliable performance. With a high temperature 2.5” voice coil wound on a thick aluminum former the 15SSW-4HE can comfortably handle up to 300 watts RMS of power.