The GRS 12PT-8 12” professional paper cone woofer will deliver high output low frequency response without breaking the bank. Packed with features like a 3” voice coil, inductance reducing copper cap, under spider venting, and gap vents; this driver is built for high performance, low distortion, and incredible reliability. Whether you need a drop-in replacement for a damaged DJ speaker or you are designing a high output 2 or 3-way system, the 12PT-8 is the perfect driver for budget builds.
- Lightweight ribbed paper cone allows high efficiency with minimal resonance
- Smooth on and off axis response up to 2,000 Hz for use in high output 2 or 3-way designs
- 3” diameter voice coil on heat resistant Kapton former easily handles up to 350 watts RMS
- Extensive venting keeps cool air flowing across the voice coil to minimize power compression
- Inductance lowering copper cap reduces distortion and extends high frequency response
- Spring-loaded push-button terminals makes wire connections quick and easy
- Foam front gasket ensures an airtight seal for rear mount installations
GRS 12PT-8 12" Paper Cone Professional Woofer with 3" Voice Coil 8 Ohm
Engineered for high output with smooth frequency response, the 12PT-8 12” professional woofer is ideal for use in large low-cost sound systems. Packed with features you would expect from much more expensive drivers, the 12PT-8 is built for low distortion and reliability even when pushed to its limit. The lightweight reinforced paper cone has excellent damping properties, minimizing unwanted resonances, and the ribbed surface controls cone breakup to ensure smooth response all the way up to 2,000 Hz. Driving the cone is a 3” diameter dual-layer voice coil that is wound on a heat resistant polyimide former to handle up to 350 watt RMS. Extensive venting through frame, pole piece, and magnetic gap cools the voice coil to prevent thermal runaway and lower power compression during long sessions at high power. With a copper cap on the pole piece keeping inductance under control, you can ensure that the 12PT-8 will provide low distortion throughout its useable bandwidth. Whether you need a drop-in replacement for a worn out DJ speaker, or are designing high output 2 or 3-way system, the 12PT-8 is the ideal choice if you want high output and natural response without spending a fortune.