When applied to vertical surfaces the Dayton Audio EX32Q2-4 dual spring balanced exciter has more linear movement to deliver extremely accurate response while producing lower distortion.
- Dual steel spider design to better support the large neodymium motor
- Interchangeable mount allows you to A/B test different exciters
- Rare-earth neodymium motor and a proprietary voice coil
- 32 mm two layer voice coil for high, 20 watts RMS, power handling
- Easily swap non-functional units out in the field
- 4-ohm impedance for use with small, Class D amplifiers
- Pre-applied 3M™ VHB™ adhesive for quick, durable installation
The EX32Q2-4 from Dayton Audio can turn most rigid, flat surfaces into a speaker. Designed specifically for mounting to vertical surfaces, this exciter uses a dual spring spider to better support the large neodymium motor providing improved linearity. With a 2-layer 32 mm voice coil, this exciter can handle up to 40 watts peak for high output even when attached to thicker surfaces. A neodymium magnet is employed to create maximum magnetic flux around the proprietary voice coil for increased sensitivity when compared to similar-sized exciters. In turn, this reduces power requirements and makes it possible to use very small audio amplifiers, without sacrificing total output.
With Dayton Audio's exclusive interchangeable mounting system, you can try out many different configurations, placements, and exciters to find the best combination for your project.
Each exciter comes with a threaded mounting pad that can be permanently installed anywhere. Installation is easy, simply remove the pad from the exciter assembly, mount the pad to your project with 2 screws or with the 3M Adhesive, and screw the exciter assembly back onto the pad! The non-destructive nature of the interchangeable mount allows you to A/B different exciters or swap non-functional units out in the field without risking damage to your project or exciters.