Turn even large, rigid surfaces into speakers with the Dayton Audio EX32EP2-4 Thruster exciter!
- Robust, heavy-duty design with a 32 mm voice coil attached to a steel spider
- Interchangeable mount allows you to A/B test different exciters
- Rare-earth neodymium motor and a proprietary voice coil
- 40 watt RMS power handling for high output
- Easily swap non-functional units out in the field
- 4-ohm impedance for use with small, Class D amplifiers
- Pre-applied 3M™ VHB™ adhesive for quick, durable installation
Dayton Audio's EX32EP2-4 Thruster exciter is built to turn large, thick, rigid surfaces into speakers. The 32 mm voice coil is attached to a steel spider for maximum restoring force when large amounts of power are applied, making it perfect for large glass panes, furniture, and surfaces that would normally resist the effects of an exciter! A neodymium magnet is employed to create maximum magnetic flux around the proprietary voice coil for increased sensitivity when compared to similar-sized exciters. In turn, this reduces power requirements and makes it possible to use very small audio amplifiers, without sacrificing total output.
With Dayton Audio's exclusive interchangeable mounting system, you can try out many different configurations, placements, and exciters to find the best combination for your project.
Each exciter comes with a threaded mounting pad that can be permanently installed anywhere. Installation is easy, simply remove the pad from the exciter assembly, mount the pad to your project with 2 screws or with the 3M Adhesive, and screw the exciter assembly back onto the pad! The non-destructive nature of the interchangeable mount allows you to A/B different exciters or swap non-functional units out in the field without risking damage to your project or exciters.