Elevate your home theater and gaming systems to a whole new level with Dayton Audio's BST-2 bass shaker. The BST-2 tactile transducer allows you to feel ultra-low bass frequencies without requiring the extremely high SPL levels that are necessary when using just a subwoofer. Add Dayton Audio's BST-2 bass shaker to any sound system to truly feel what you have been missing.
- Increase the realism of home theater and gaming systems for a more immersive experience
- Add low frequency tactile impact without ridiculous SPL levels
- Cast aluminum housing dissipates heat for reliable performance
- Attached 24” leads for easy connections in hard to reach installations
- Easy to install on any flat surface
Dayton Audio BST-2 Tactile Bass Shaker 35 Watt
The human ear has the ability to hear a wide range of sounds, however, some sound is simply too low to hear and must be felt through the body. Feeling this extremely low frequency sound adds a new dimension to your listening, gaming, and movie experiences.
Dayton Audio's BST-2 tactile transducer allows you to feel everything you have been missing without requiring giant subwoofers and outrageous SPL levels. By installing a BST-2 to chairs or a couch you can create a more immersive experience by augmenting the existing low frequency output of your speakers or headphones with powerful tactile feedback. Accentuating effects like the power of an explosion, a dinosaur footstep's rumble, the impact of a punch, and even subtle nuances of distant thunder, Dayton Audio's BTS-2 will make you feel like you are in the middle of the action.
The BST-2 has 4 mounting holes to make it easy to install securely onto any flat surface. The mounting plate includes a foam gasket to ensure that there are no buzzes or rattles even under the most intense vibration. A dual suspension design keeps the mass moving in a linear fashion to deliver an incredible amount of tactile feedback without unwanted noise. Excess heat from the voice coil is dissipated through the rugged cast aluminum housing for a long life and reliable performance.
ADDITIONAL NOTES AND SUGGESTIONS:
• 80 Hz or under low pass crossover is recommended to reduce undesired high frequency output
• Recommended Amplifiers: Dayton Audio APA150 for one to two BST-2 bass shakers, Dayton Audio APA150 for four BTS-2 bass shakers (wired in series-parallel for a 4 ohm load), and a Dayton Audio BSA-200 for six BST-2 bass shakers (wired in series-parallel for a 6 ohm load).
Specifications: • High Grade Aluminum Housing • Frequency response: 10-80 Hz • Fs (unmounted): 30 Hz • Impedance: 4 Ohms • Power handling: 35 Watts RMS • Peak force: 25 lbs. per ft. • Weight: 2.6 lbs
Dimensions: • 5.15" diameter x 2.16" high • Mounting holes 5" center to center