If you need extreme output capabilities, gut wrenching low-end response, and minimal distortion, this this is the sub kit for you. Using Dayton Audio's massive RSS460HO-4 18" driver paired up with two of the RSS460-PR passive radiators, this subwoofer kit is capable of seeming endless output capability with unbelievable low frequency extension. Beyond that, thanks to the low distortion design of the driver and added damping of the passive radiators, this kit produces remarkably low distortion levels.
- Amazing ground shaking low end with incredible output capability
- Passive radiator assisted design extends bass response from a compact enclosure
- Excellent choice for serious home theater applications and massive music systems
- Customize the precision CNC-cut MDF enclosure to fit in any décor
Dayton Audio Reference 18" With Dual Passive Radiator Subwoofer Kit
Using Dayton Audio's incredible RSS460HO-4 18" driver with two of the matching RSS460-PR 18" passive radiators, this imposing subwoofer kit is not for the faint of heart. Capable of over 115 dB of output and unassisted response to 20 Hz and lower, this subwoofer kit is a great match for some of the largest music and home theater systems. With plenty of output capability to shake your home's foundation (and possibly your neighbor's) this kit is sure to impress anyone on the quest for more bass. This subwoofer is not just about output, with triple shorting rings, extensive venting, and a rigid aluminum cone, the RSS460HO-4 18" driver is known for its remarkably low distortion characteristics. Also, by using dual passive radiators the low frequency extension has been extended while keeping group delay through the audible range remarkably low to deliver a quick and responsive punch you wouldn't expect from a subwoofer this size. Finally, the included CNC-cut knock-down enclosure is constructed of thoroughly braced 18 mm MDF with a double thickness 36 mm front baffle.
Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 18" Subwoofer Specifications: Power handling: 900 watts RMS/1,800 watts max • Le: 2.24 mH • Impedance: 4 ohms • Re: 3.2 ohms • Frequency range: 20 to 500 Hz • Fs: 18.8 Hz • SPL: 93 dB 2.83V/1m • Vas 9.61 cu. ft. • Qms: 4.05 • Qes: 0.35 • Qts: 0.32 • Xmax: 12.75 mm.
Note: Here is a list of what you need to build this subwoofer-cabinet bundle that's not included and where to find it on our webshop:
Passive: When building passive, the kit requires a low passfiltered signal.
Needed for both:
- Mounting holes (# and size in mm): 6 x 6,5 mm Ø
- Panel thickness: 18 mm
- Front baffle thickness: 36 mm
- Panel material: Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)
- Finished net cabinet volume (subtracting the double-thick baffle, bracing, and woofer volume): 161.4 L
- External dimensions: 584 x 584 x 603 mm
- Completed subwoofer weight: 41.7 Kg.