Build the ultimate in high fidelity bass reproduction using this superior subwoofer cabinet and the Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 Reference Series 18" High Output subwoofer.
- 113 liter cabinet made of 18 mm MDF panels with a 36 mm thick front baffle
- CNC-machined dadoes, subwoofer cutout and recess, and a unique bracing system that increases cabinet rigidity
- Dayton Audio 18" Reference Series High Output subwoofer included
Dayton Audio 18" Reference Series HO Subwoofer and Cabinet Bundle
The Dayton Audio Reference Series subwoofers take the quality and performance of the much-acclaimed RS line into the subwoofer realm. As with the rest of the Reference Series, the main focus of these subwoofers is ultra-low-distortion. Second, third, and intermodulation distortion are kept extremely low by utilizing three short-circuit paths within the motor structure.
This particular cabinet is designed specifically for the Dayton Audio 18" Reference Series High Output subwoofer. The sealed enclosure design creates a subwoofer system with a Qtc of 0.644 and an f3 of 40 Hz when used with the Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 and minimal fill.
During the CNC manufacturing process, rabbets dadoes are cut into the back panel for precise panel alignment. A unique three-piece brace adds superior rigidity without affecting the subwoofer's performance. Both side panels feature 18 mm rabbeted extensions with recesses to perfectly install the first piece of the two-part, double-thick baffle. Plate amplifier installation is made easy by following the scribed interior guide with a jig saw and by modifying one of the braces.
The end result is a resonance-free, sealed subwoofer cabinet that is purpose-built to extract the best performance from Dayton Audio's 18" High Output Reference Series subwoofer. All that's left to do is finish it to match your décor or paint it to stand out. When your friends ask about it, you get the pleasure of saying, "I built it myself!"
Note: Here is a list of what you need to build this subwoofer-cabinet bundle that's not included and where to find it on our webshop:
Passive: When building passive, the kit requires a low passfiltered signal.
Needed for both:
- Mounting holes (# and size in mm): 8 x 6,5 mm Ø
- Panel thickness: 18 mm
- Front baffle thickness: 36 mm
- Panel material: Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)
- Finished net cabinet volume (subtracting the double-thick baffle, bracing, and woofer volume): 113 L
- External dimensions: 584 x 508 x 527 mm