The SMSL SU-9N is a desktop DAC with an ES9038PRO chipset, DSD512 support, and Bluetooth LDAC wireless capability.
- The top performance D/A chip ES9038PRO from ESS Technology;
- The high-performance power supply chip ES9311, the noise of ES9311 is as low as 1uVrms, to push ES9038PRO to the limit;
- XMOS XU-208, true 32bit audio processing, supports DoP and Native
- DSD, and reaches 32bit/768kHz and DSD512;
- Ultra-low phase noise and optimized clock system to achieve ultra-low clock jitter;
- USB, optical fiber, coaxial support DSD transmission, coaxial and optical fiber support DOP64
- Use tempered glass display panel for higher light transmission and longer service life;
- Built-in shielded, low noise power supply processing while improving power efficiency,lower power consumption;
- Specially designed discrete component linear regulated power supply and multiple low noise regulated power supplies to provide low noise power for analog circuits.
- Qualcomm's latest Bluetooth chip supports LDAC 24bit/96kHz, APTX/HD, SBC, AAC;
- High-quality gold-plated input and output jacks;
- 3 high-end dual op-amps OPA1612 and a lot of audio grade components are used;
- 1.9 inch TFT LCD display;
- JAS Hi-Res certification;
- Equipped with remote control and full-function remote control.
SMSL SU-9N DAC ES9038Pro USB XMOS Bluetooth 5.0 32bit 768kHz DSD512
Little brother of the SMSL SU-9, the SU-9n is a modified version, with all the characteristics of its model, but this time without the support of MQA files, of the Bluetooth UAT codec, and with a slightly less powerful USB interface, to reach a lower selling price. The conversion chip remains unchanged, the SU-9n using the excellent ESS ES9038Pro DAC, supporting high resolution files up to PCM 32bit 768kHz and DSD512. Ergonomic, the SU-9n, like its big brother, displays a nice color screen on the front, with a rotary knob to easily navigate through the menus, adjust the volume level, select a source or turn the unit on and off. The SU-9n is also equipped with a complete connection. There are Toslink optical, coaxial, and USB (XMOS XU208) inputs and single-ended RCA as well as balanced XLR outputs. The SMSL DAC also supports, thanks to a Qualcomm reception chip, Bluetooth 5.0 transmission, so it is possible to broadcast your music remotely, directly from a smartphone. The internal design of the SU-9n, particularly careful and well thought out, allows it to develop a precise, rich and dynamic sound reproduction.
The SMSL SU-9n embeds a Bluetooth 5.0 QCC5125 reception chip from Qualcomm. It is thus possible to stream its music on wireless. Moreover, it supports some codecs of high-resolution transmissions, such as the aptX, the aptX-HD, or the LDAC.
Quality audio components
The SU-9n uses only high-quality electronic components, is integrated into a neat circuit, and contributes to the excellent sound reproduction of the device. The famous ES9038Pro DAC chip and the XU208 XMOS USB interface are used, as well as an ES9311Q ultra-low noise linear voltage regulator, a clock circuit optimized for ultra-low jitter, and a shielded low noise power supply stage.
Specifications: Product type: DAC • Inputs: 1x USB-B, 1x Optical Toslink,1x Coaxial, Bluetooth 5.0 • Outputs: 1x Single-ended stereo RCA, 1x Balanced stereo XLR • Output level (Pre mode): XLR : 4.8Vrms, RCA : 2.3Vrms • Output level (Fixed mode): XLR : 4.3Vrms, RCA : 2Vrms • THD+N: 0.000065% (-123.5dB), 0.000055% (-125dB, A-Weighting) • Dynamic range: XLR : 130dB, RCA : 123dB • SNR: 130dB • Output impendace: XLR : 207Ω, RCA : 142Ω • USB transmission mode: Asynchronous • USB compatibility: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / 11, Mac OSX, Linux • Supported sampling rates: USB : PCM up to 32bit 768kHz, DSD up to DSD512; Optical / Coaxial : PCM up to 24bit 192kHz, DSD up to DSD64 • Supported Bluetooth codecs: LDAC : 24bit 96kHz (990kbps / 660kbps / 330kbps); aptX-HD : 24bit 48kHz (576kbps); aptX : 16bit 44.1kHz (352kbps); SBC : 16bit 44.1kHz (328kbps); AAC : 16bit 44.1kHz (320kbps) • Supplt voltage: 100-240V 50/60Hz (Cable included) • Consumption: 5W • Dimensions: 187.5 x 154 x 40mm • Weight: 790g • Housing material: Aluminum • Color: Black.
What’s in the Box?
- 1 x Remote control
- 1 x External antenna
- 1 x Set of 4 rubber feet
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Power cable