- Vented aerodynamic cast aluminum chassis for optimum strength and low compression
- Proprietary cone material with EGYPTIAN PAPYRUS fibers made in-house
- Soft low damping rubber surround for optimum transient response
- Advanced BIMAX spider for improved linearity
- Powerful optimized low distortion neodymium motor system
- Non-conducting fiber glass voice coil former for minimum damping
- Extended copper sleeve on pole piece for low inductance and reduced distortion
- CCAW voice coil for reduced moving mass
- Long life silver lead wires attached 180° apart for improved stability
- Vented pole piece for reduced compression
- High piston to chassis diameter ratio
- Gasket and bolt hole protrusions for reduced coupling to speaker cabinet
SB Acoustics Satori MW16PNW-4 White Egyptian Reed Cone Woofer
Under the Satori brand are two new 5” and 6.5” midrange drivers, MR13P-4 and MW16PNW-4, respectively, featuring black or natural white cones using Egyptian Papyrus fibers produced in house with a proprietary method, combined with soft low damping rubber surrounds for optimum transient response and low resonance frequency. The cones reveal the natural textures of the papyrus material imported from Egypt, resulting in a distinctive appearance, which will certainly be appreciated for high-end speakers.
For these new Satori drivers, the original ideal was to keep the natural finish of the Papyrus fibers as much as possible, which results in a light brown color. Since Papyrus fibers are not uniform, the cone shows visible spots of different colors which give it a look of a natural “organic” material - but the discussion about potential problems in the market arising from the wrong perception that those were “defects” or signs of an “old” driver, led the design team to also create a black version of the same cone. The fibers are still visible, but for more traditional clients, it might be better accepted.