The Premium ELKOs are made with a smooth foil to allow for less loss and to offer better performance and sound in audio application.
- Capacitor foil: Aluminium electrolytic / metal oxide layer
- Primary and secondary aluminum foils that offers AC voltage resistance, which make them highly suitable for audio application.
- Voltage rating: 70 VDC / 50 VAC
- Temperature range: - 40C to + 85C
- Signal direction: None (non-polarized capacitor)
Jantzen Audio 001-1015 | 4,7 µF | 5% | 70 V | Premium ELKO
The Premium ELKO is made with a smooth foil to allow for low loss. The smooth foil also provides better performance and sonic properties for audio application, compared to a standard type electrolytic capacitor. These high-quality electrolytic capacitors have a capacitance tolerance of only +/- 5%, compared to the market standard of +/- 10% or 20% Premium ELKOs are small in size and offer good performance on crossovers, where sizing is an important factor. These capacitors are especially excellent for the bass section of crossovers, due to their reasonable pricing in high capacitance values. Due to technical limitations, the Premium ELKOs are only available in maximum 100μF, but due to their relatively small size, multiple capacitors can easily be coupled to make higher capacitance values.
Specifications: Capacitance tolerance: +/- 5% (on nominal value) • Life span: [UR · R~] 5000 hours at +85°C/+185°F • Loss angle: tan ∂ = [email protected]