8xIN, 8xOUT Dirac Live® correction DSP with Balanced & unbalanced Input & output. Boxed in sturdy 1 RU metal enclosure.
- Processor: 32-bit floating-point Analog Devices SHARC DSP
- Input/ouput resolution: 24 bits
- Analog inputs: 8x balanced RCA / 8x balanced phoenix terminal blocks
- Analog ouputs: 8x balanced RCA / 8x balanced phoenix terminal blocks
- Internal operating sample rate: 48 kHz
- Optional DDRC-88BM plugin for Bass Management + Dirac Live + Active Speaker processing (Crossover/PEQ/Delay)
Note: This product comes with a coupon (€9,50) for one free miniDSP plugin download.
Introducing the miniDSP Dirac Series, powered by Dirac Live®, the world's premier room correction solution. We are delighted to offer you this software and hardware combination, the fruit of many years of experience in sound system tuning and extensive research and development. The DDRC-88A is the big brother of the stereo DDRC platform introduced early 2014. Based on our proven 8x8 DSP board and miniSHARC powerful module, the DDRC-88A combines two successful & proven platforms into a cost effective one rack unit processor. An infrared remote learning feature and the front panel rotary encoder allow for control of the DDRC-88A processor without any need for a connected PC, once the processor is configured and filters loaded.
The DDRC-88A is an upgradable platform thanks to the power of the DDRC-88BM plugin. The software plug-in extends the capabilities of the DDRC-88A multichannel Dirac Live® processor. 100% compatible with all DDRC-88A units in the field, the DDRC-88BM adds comprehensive fine-grained bass management and crossover capabilities. The input signals are low-pass filtered and summed to generate the subwoofer signal; a matrix mixer routes or mixes these channels for the Dirac Live® algorithm, which in turn has its outputs routed or mixed to the output channels, where additional high/low pass and parametric filtering takes place. In addition to improved bass management for conventional home theater signal paths, the DDRC-88BM allows innovative solutions like multi-subwoofer control and combined DRC/active loudspeaker setups. The DDRC-88BM plugin is available at miniDSP.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Dirac Series audio processor — DDRC-88A
- 1 x Universal 12 VDC power supply with IEC power cable
- 1 x USB cables for Dirac Series audio processor
- 1 x Coupon code for miniDSP plugin download
NOTE: The Dirac Live Calibration Tools for miniDSP software is only compatible with the miniDSP UMIK-1 microphone for measurement.